Thursday, 22 November 2012

Christmas card 2012-3

Whew, it's been a week since last time I updated my blog.  I have been extremely busy with my cardmaking for a church charity event this weekend.  I looked at my card stock, and realised that I'd been sending lots of cards but actually hadn't been able to replace them.  So hurried up, got my gear out again, and spent most of the evenings trying to make as many as possible.  I think I have about 90 cards now, I counted them yesterday, and totally forgot the number 1 hour later, lol!  Not enough, I would like to make 120 cards at least for the event, even if they don't get sold, it doesn't matter, I can still send them to family and friends.

So I thought it would be nice to share with you some of the cards that I have made.




These 3 cards are similar, I had a piece of ultra thick vellum, the colours are amazing, so I embossed the entire vellum with snow flakes stamp by Inkadinkado Snowflake A-Plenty, then I used my Martha Stewart circle cutter (currently my best friend), cut out some circles and some card stock as well.  Adhered the embossed vellum on to the front of the card stock, and used some craft twine wrapped around the card three times then tied a knot.  I also embossed the snowmen with some holographic embossing powder from Papermania.  I realised I still hadn't planned where my sentiment was going to be, then I looked at the empty space around the card, and thought, hmmm, maybe I can do something about that.  Luckily, I have a Christmans sentiment stamp set from Hero Arts, they have a tiny "merry christmas" stamp, the font and size was just perfect for the space I had.  So, curled the stamp a little bit to make it fit on to the card (one good thing I like about clear stamps, that actually you can shape the stamps the way you want), and stamped a few times  with jet black ink.

So here we are, 3 cards in one go.  It didn't take much time.  I don't like mass producing cards, I like my cards to be unique, and it's much fun to make different cards, but, ya know, every now and then, making a few cards in just less than an hour, it's not a bad thing, is it?

Anyway, hope you enjoy the cards, and I shall post some more cards very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment