Monday, 8 September 2014

Welcome baby card in neutral colours

Hello! It has been ages since last time I posted.  I didn't make any cards during the summer holidays, just enjoyed the very brief British summer (and it's been amazingly not brief this year) with my kids, and I loved it, although I was so itchy wanting to make cards.

So here is my first card after a 2-month-break:




























Who said baby cards can only be pink or blue? Lol.

I stamped the elephants (from Paper Smooches 'A little lovin') and coloured in with some Spetrum Noir markers in cool grey shades.  Then the coloured piece was adhered onto a doily die cut (from Clearly Besotted).  The patterned paper is from Country Boutique from Fancy Pants.  And my card is based on the sketch from the current 'Make the Day Special challenge'.  Also this month's Virginia's View Challenge #7 is all about patterned paper, so I would like to submit my card to both challenges.

Do play along if you can.  See you soon!

4 comments:

  1. I love the neutral tones for a baby's card and that mama and bay elephant are perfectly at home with the colour palette too :0) Thanks for another fab submission to our challenge at MtDS Stamp Store x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful use of pattern paper! It's so subtle and sweet! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View Pattern Paper Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is a sweet card..love those ellie's!
    Thanks for joining us at Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If that is how your cards look after a 2 months break … this is just perfect, Yiming! Also love the "unusual" color scheme for a baby card (and totally stealing that idea) – brilliant!

    Thanks so much for playing in our Make the Day Special challenge this month – I hope we'll seen you again with your creations next month!

    Julia

    ReplyDelete