Friday, 8 May 2015

Especially for you

Time for a new Colour Me challenge, and this week is monochromatic.


And here is my project based on the colour.



















The idea is inspired by Jennifer McGuire, a few months ago she did a video on how to achieve a faux laser cut card using die cuts, and I totally loved the look and the idea of it.  So I used this Memory box die which I thought would be perfect, and a dragonfly die from Clearly Besotted to go on top, and it work out quite well.  I'm pleased with the result.  The sentiment I used is also from Clearly Besotted, I just think the font and the design are a perfect match.  To finish things off, I added some sequins from Simon Says Stamp, oh I LOVE these sequins entirely too much, they are super shiny and good quality, really add lots of sparkles on your cards, and very inexpensive.

Hope you like this cards, and thanks for stopping by.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Yiming
xx

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Those intricate die cuts are so pretty! Also, love the dimension that the dragon fly adds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is an exceptionally beautiful use of die cuts! Thanks so much for taking the time to share with us this week at Colour Me...! Always love to have you and hope you will join us again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your Connoisseur pick! Lovely card and you've used the colour beautifully with this intricate cut!

    ReplyDelete