Friday, 28 October 2016

Using negative space as your card front

Hello!  Today I'm going to share a set of cards with you that I used negative die-cut piece as my card front.

I bought Seasonal Sentiments Die set from Wplus9 last year (or you can get this set from Seven hills craft if you are from the UK), and made lots of Christmas cards using the die cut words, they are just the perfect size for me to work with, and they are just big enough on the card front as is, and your cards would still look stunning.  But this year I don't want to make the same/similar cards again but I still want to make something with the set.  So here is what I came up with:




So I used 5x5 size cardbase (this size is currently my favourite size to work with) in deep red, deep green and navy, and trimmed some white/off white/cream cards to be just slightly smaller than the cards, and I positioned the dies in the upper middle part of the card pieces then ran them through my big shot.  Make sure you keep all the pieces.  I saved the words for other projects, but only used the negative pieces for the cards.  I also used the heart die that is included in the set and cut 3 times on some glitter card.  Then I assembled all the cards together with some glue and foam pads.  Quick and easy, perfect for mass-producing.

So that's me today, I hope you like the set, and I will see you soon.

Take care.

Yiming
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment